Spring is coming to Wisconsin soon and time to start planning your container plants for your decks and porches. Wisconsin Drought-tolerant container plants require little fuss and are perfect picks for your outside projects.
Use the recycling materials you have collected for being “Green” this past year and create new projects!
I plan to use some old shutters and create a new home for drought-resistant plants and they don’t need a lot of fussing over. Here are some plants to use for yourself to try.
- Ice Plant
- Salvia “Wild Watermelon”
- Stonecrop Sedum. ”Limelight” – attracts butterflies
- October Daphne Sedum sieboldii - attracts butterflies
- Stonecrop Sedum “Angelina” – attracts butterflies
- Purple Sheep’s Burr (turns ruby red in sun)
Here are some other recommendations:
- Sempervivum (Latin for “always living) aka Hens and Chicks
- Sedums Dragon’s Blood Sedum
- Sedum reflexus
- Sedum ewersil
Have Fun, Happy Gardening and Watch the plants grow and the butterflies come!