Simple things you can do to plan a biking trip. A fun and active way to spend quality time with your friends, family or spouse.
Spring is here and it’s time to take the bikes out of storage. Bike riding is a fun way to stay in shape and great way to get to places you may want to go. Riding bikes together is a good way to make sure your loved ones get the exercise they need. This will also help you strengthen your relationships. Before going on a bike trip it is a good idea to make plans for the outing.
A Week or Two Ahead of Time
There are many things that should be planned in Advance.
- Where are you going to stay at and what dates? Stay with us at the Franklin Victorian Bed and Breakfast in Sparta, WI – 608-366-1427 or website FranklinVictorianBB.com . Call to make a reservation or make a secure on-line reservation from our website.
- Pick which state bike trails you are interested in riding. We recommend the Elroy-Sparta state trail. We are located one mile from the trail head, it offers 3 awesome tunnels and nature, small bike friendly towns to stop at and it is known world wide to be the best! We sure do!
- We provide a bike shuttle service for our guests to so you can ride the whole trail. Talk to the innkeepers to arrange or have more questions.
- Bring snacks for the trail so go shopping with your lists.
The Night Before the Biking Trip
The night before the outing is a great time to prepare for the trip. You don’t want to wait until the morning you leave to pack and get ready.
- Make the lunches and put them in the refrig. till morning.
- Gather all the biking equipment and place in near the bikes or in your car. We suggest you pack a helmet, camera, flashlights for the tunnels, and a light rain jacket.
- Check over the bikes to make sure they are safe to ride. Put air in the tires if necessary.
- Have your GPS and or maps ready to go! Let someone know where you are going to be.
The Day of Your Biking Trip and Leaving Home
There won’t be a lot to do the day that you leave for your Trip because you have planned so well in advance.
- After you are out of bed and dressed, sit down to eat breakfast.
- While you are out on the trip, take a lot of pictures.
See you Soon!
For reservations, visit the Franklin Victorian website or call 888-594-3822. The inn is located at 220 E. Franklin Street in Sparta, WI