The apple is the most versatile of fruits. If you’re interested in finding new ways to prepare apples, the Wisconsin Apple Growers Association has many recipes, including winners from the state apple recipe contest. Visit http://www.waga.org/ for more information when you come and stay at the Franklin Victorian Bed and Breakfast in Sparta, WI.
DID YOU KNOW:
- Apples are one of the few fruits that you can find fresh any time of the year, all over the country.
- Apples trees begin to bear fruit when about 4 to 5 years old, and occosionally apple trees that are 200 years old are still producing apples.
- About 1/2 of the U.S. apple crop is processed into apple products such as applesauce, pie filling, jams, jellies and juice.
- The average U.S. consumer eats about 65 apples (or 22 pounds) per person annually.
So, does this make you ready to get some Wisconsin Apples? Come to our area by Sparta, Wisconsin, other small area towns and La Crescent, MN for some of the best apples.
- Star Valley Orchards, Warren, WI
- Northwoods Ochard and Farm Market, Mauston, WI
- Sacia Orchards, Galesville, WI
- Fergusion’s Morningside Orchards, Galesville, WI
Tell Us what are your favorite Apples on Facebook?